Sunday, December 3, 2023

Thanksgiving, Pollo Campero, Mountain Dew Game Fuel & Skyline Chili

The past few weeks actually weren't too terribly eventful, but that is OK. Thanksgiving (the holiday) was spent out of town; that went well and I was even happy to help someone out with something. Thanksgiving (the movie) was watched by me at an AMC as I liked the faux trailer that played during Grindhouse; can you believe that movie-well, pair of movies plus those fake trailers-came out way back in 2007? The movie could be nitpicked yet overall I was still entertained by this 80's-style slasher that just had an over-the-top amount of bloody gore. As that was exactly what I expected from Eli Roth, no complaints there. The crowd I saw it with also helped w/ the experience; they were a small yet boisterous bunch. Their reactions was what Roth would have wanted so that made it fun. After all, it's a movie that has a cat in a scene but thankfully does NOT kill the feline; in fact, the villain literally pets the cat then feeds it! Note that it was the cat of someone that they just killed...

One day I made the long drive down to Kissimmee; it was to try a fast food restaurant that was discovered via the “interwebs”; it was Pollo Campero, literally a chain from Guatemala. As I've known for years now, many Hispanics live in and around Kissimmee, so I had a long wait there before receiving my order. Thankfully, that food was quite good; if that location was closer... the chicken nuggets I had looked quite similar to Chick-fil-A, except they tested better than at the place always closed each Sunday. Another restaurant visited was a Skyline Chili; last year I ate at one in Clearwater and since then sometimes purchased their version of chili that can be found in the freezer aisle of some grocery stores. No complaints about the new location that just opened at Flamingo Crossing; it's a shopping plaza a mile west of an entrance to Walt Disney World property. Speaking of Disney, one day I spent it at a crowded Magic Kingdom. OK, I wasn't there that long but still had a good time despite occasional rainy weather.

There otherwise isn't too much else to share. I was glad that Mountain Dew's limited edition Game Fuel returned (this time to advertise two different videogames) as I always enjoyed the Citrus Cherry flavor and the new Mystic Punch flavor is also pretty good. As most probably hold zero interest in my opinions of soda, I'll bid adieu now, but not before mentioning that the plan is to write something at the end of 2023. December will be more eventful than November... there will be more than a few theatrical experiences, among other items for discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment