Sunday, March 26, 2023

Coca-Cola Move, Dr. Pepper Strawberries & Cream, Home State Brewing Co. & Jury Duty

I'll be writing more tomorrow evening when I return to finally catch up on recent activities, but tonight is the time to dispense some odds and ends. One day I got a haircut (yes, it was much-needed) as the next morning was jury duty. Unlike a regular jury trial, it was for a grand jury; Google can tell you the difference if you care but in short, if I had been selected it would have required going in a few mornings over the next six months and going over evidence with my fellow peers to determine if first degree murder charges would be filed in a case.

As fascinating as that process probably would have been, the time plus the huge burden in determining someone's fate like that meant that it wasn't so bad that I was not one of the jurors selected. That said, it was still an interesting first-hand experience at watching the justice system in action and the two prosecutors involved in the process at least explained the whole thing well for all almost 50 people in the juror pool, who definitely were a cross-section of Lake County residents.

The rest of this short entry will be more frivolous. I did have some new soda since early February, although not the PEEPS-flavored Pepsi yet, despite the bottle sitting in the fridge for awhile. I'll provide my opinion in April; that bottle was purchased for the novelty value as of course I am not expecting that to actually taste good! The Dr. Pepper Strawberries & Cream is as good as I figured; as for Coca-Cola Move... even now, there is debate as to its taste. There's everything from rose wine to bubblegum, coconut rum and vanilla to even popcorn (?!); what do I think? Having just had it once—no idea how to describe the taste! From what I remember it wasn't bad, per se-just strange.

As I'll mention tomorrow, various restaurants have been visited in the past almost two months, most of them familiar to me, although some I hadn't been to in a long while. One I will mention now is a place I went to solo one Sunday; it was a backup selection after I couldn't go to my first place due to an ever-typical Florida traffic jam. It was Home State Brewing Co., a brewery in the Winter Park Hamlin area. It was fine, although the service was more “eh” than anything else. I did have something unique: a peanut butter & jelly sandwich pressed on Cuban bread. Sounds wild, yet tasted fine.

Next time will be on the heartwarming side as it involves family & friends visiting Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment