Saturday, December 3, 2022

Thanksgiving, Car Shows, Windermere & Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

Here’s a recap of what I’ve done since the last time I wrote one of these. For Thanksgiving, time was spent in the Fort Myers area; it was interesting to see what things are like down there since Hurricane Ian. Some places don’t look too bad although others are still devastated. The people I know down there are thankfully fine after Ian--I feel awful that many others are suffering weeks later. The one interesting thing I did down there was having lunch the day after at a Lenny’s Grill & Subs, which was fine.

On Tuesday, I saw Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery in the last night before it left cineplexes and will only be on Netflix starting in a few weeks. The first movie I enjoyed although I heard it has plot holes and maybe those will be apparent if that is ever watched again. The sequel is at least different and offered a decent amount of entertainment… shame that some running gags were bombs and the final 10 or so minutes were awful. They should have stopped the movie at an obvious spot instead of going on and giving us trite, laughable sentiments instead. At least the random woman who sat by me was a delight; there were some gasps when it came to the plentiful cameos and there were even several snort-laughs.

Yesterday was interesting; for the first time in several years I attended the Central Florida International Auto Show at the Orange County Convention Center. Way back when it was always during Thanksgiving weekend but that hasn’t been the case for awhile now. When I was there yesterday, it was not as busy as in past years and a few major auto manufactures (Honda, Mazda) weren’t present. That said, it was still nice to see many different models-including some electric cars-and getting to sit in them. I had an early dinner there, which was… acceptable and that’s it.

On the way back I stopped in Windermere, a ritzy town which nevertheless still has a quaint downtown and I’ve never spent a lot of time in besides driving through it on many occasions. I wish the downtown event they had wouldn’t have had deafening music because otherwise it was nice to see some food trucks and trees covered w/ lights. That’s alright, as I had some great ice cream from a local establishment: Allen’s Creamery & Coffee House. There’s a place I highly recommend.

I’ll be back… sometime shortly before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment