Monday, December 11, 2017

Glory Days Grill, Gourmet Soda & My (Non) Relative Kurt

The preceding week only had a few highlights but that's alright. Monday the 4th was dull so I'll skip ahead to Tuesday the 5th. I went to the local Walmart to pick up a few random items. That went as expected so let me get to Wednesday. I hadn't been to the Lakeside Village outdoor mall in Lakeland in at least half a year, so that's where I went. I went to a few stores and purchased a few items (such as gourmet soda & candy from the Rocket Fizz store) and I then ate at a sports bar in the area I had never been to before: Glory Days Grill. They are mainly a Mid-Atlantic chain which does have a few locations in Florida. They are a standard sports bar, which worked for me as the place was fine and I wish I would have tried them out sooner.

Thursday through Saturday I did nothing at all. That was OK to me because I knew I would be going out on Sunday, despite what is considered by Florida standards to be chilly weather. Plus, I did not have to deal with Florida traffic, which is as terrible as ever. I'll mention one thing that exemplifies my point: on Wednesday I was headed to Lakeland and it required being on some rural roads. I was at the last stoplight I would be seeing for awhile and it's a typical 2 land road. Suddenly, a pickup is honking its horn repeatedly as it passes in the other lane and goes right through the red light. I doubt it was done because he had to attend to a serious emergency (and I don't mean “he has to sit on his toilet at home”) and instead I'll presume something like “he was high on meth at the time”; you can see why more and more I enjoy staying at home.

Anyhow, what I did on Sunday was make a pretty rare weekend appearance at a theme park. I went to Epcot to see what they do each holiday season, which is a Candlelight Processional. A celebrity narrator tells the story about the birth of Christ as there are lights and an ever-changing backdrop... oh and also a choir and orchestra. A few years ago I saw Sigourney Weaver do it and that was pretty awesome, but I could not turn down the chance to see Kurt Russell (no relation, unfortunately) as the narrator. While at Epcot I noticed they had some booths set up selling holiday-related food & drink; yes I did have some of that, which did include alcohol. Kurt as the narrator was great, but the orchestra and choir they have each year is always great. Thus, I had no problem with being in what was chilly weather by Central Florida standards.

When I return next Monday, it won't just be Star Wars: The Last Jedi that I'll be talking about (don't worry, no spoilers), but it will be a big topic of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment